128. This work we begin to comprehend better, -- the light given years ago, -- that health reform principles would be as an entering wedge to be followed by a religious influence. To voice the words of John, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."
129. In the time of confusion and trouble such as never was since there was a nation, the uplifted Saviour will be presented to the people in all lands and in all places, that all who look may live.
130. The need of healthful habits is a part of the gospel which must be presented to the people by those who hold forth the word of life. Every minister should carefully consider what effect eating and drinking have upon the health of the soul. By precept and example, by a life of obedience to nature's laws, he can present the truth in a forcible manner.
131. Take the living principles of health reform into communities that to a large degree are ignorant of what they should do.
132. We as a people must make an advance move in this great work. Ministers and people must act in concert. God's people are not prepared for the loud cry of the third angel; they have a work to do for themselves which they should not leave for God to do for them. It is an individual work; one cannot do it for another.
133. You have stumbled at the health reform. It appears to you to be a needless appendix to the truth. It is not so; it is a part of the truth.
134. Its place is among those subjects which set forth the preparatory work to meet the events brought to view by the message; among them it is prominent.
135. The presentation of health principles must be united with this message, but must not be independent of it or in any way take the place of it.
136. This branch of the Lord's work has not received due attention, and through this neglect much has been lost.
137. Much of the prejudice that prevents the truth of the third angel's message from reaching the hearts of the people, might be removed if more attention were given to health reform. When people become interested in this subject, the way is often prepared for the entrance of other truths.
138. Those who proclaim the message should teach health reform also...... Satan and his angels are seeking to hinder this work of reform, and will do all they can to perplex and burden those who heartily engage in it.
139. To make plain natural law, and urge the obedience of it, is the work that accompanies the third angel's message, to prepare a people for the coming of the Lord.
140. Let it ever be kept before the mind that the great object of hygienic reform is to secure the highest possible development of mind and soul and body.
141. He who cherishes the light which God has given him upon health reform has an important aid in the work of becoming sanctified through the truth, and fitted for immortality.
142. God requires all who believe the truth to make special persevering efforts to place themselves in the best possible condition of bodily health, for a solemn and important work is before us. Health of body and mind is required for this work; it is as essential to a healthy religious experience, to advancement in the Christian life, and progress in holiness, as is the hand or foot to the human body.
Inspired Healthful Living - Home